22 June 2018
There are few journeys more classic or iconic than the Transatlantic Crossing between Southampton and New York aboard Cunard's Queen Mary 2. Taking a relaxing and restorative seven nights, the cruise is available as a westbound or eastbound crossing. Alternatively, treat yourself to a round-trip and enjoy 14 utterly unforgettable nights aboard the world’s only true ocean liner – one that combines rich historical associations and the elegance of yesteryear with state-of-the-art modern facilities. Here are some of the fantastic reasons why you should book your cruise of a lifetime.
• The food and drink, including daily afternoon tea, contemporary French cuisine in The Verandah, and Godiva chocolates accompanied by expertly blended coffees and teas in Art Deco Sir Samuel's. You can also join the vessel’s own sommeliers and become a qualified wine-taster, or take part in a martini mixology lesson.
• The accommodation, comprising calming and luxurious staterooms with sumptuous bedding, pillow menus and private balconies.
• The Grills experience, giving access to an exclusive lounge, terrace and restaurants for those in the most luxurious suites.
• The time for yourself, whether it be succumbing to an indulgent treatment in the spa, swimming in one of three pools, or taking part in fitness classes and sessions such as yoga, Pilates and spinning.
• The activities, varying from learning to fence or write a book to trying your hand at deck shuffle-board or practising your golf swing.
• The speakers. From fashion designers and authors to scientists and astronauts, the Cunard Insights program offers you the chance to attend fascinating talks by prominent men and women.
• The entertainment, including shows to rival those of Broadway or the West End in the Royal Court Theatre, glittering, glamorous gala balls in the Queens Room (with the largest dance-floor at sea), dancing ranging from tango lessons to strutting your stuff in the G32 nightclub, a cinema, a planetarium, a casino, an art gallery and an extensive library.
• The shopping. Why wait to reach your destination when the chic boutiques of New York’s 5th Avenue and London's Mayfair, including Aspinal and Waterford, are at your disposal onboard?
• The children’s activities, in kids’ clubs catering for ages 2–7 years, 8–12 and 13–17. There’s also a free night nursery for ages 6–23 months and a dedicated kids’ pool and splash pool.
• The pet facilities. Dog- and cat-friendly Cunard welcomes your furry friends aboard with animal gift packs and unique kennels with indoor and outdoor walking areas, enabling you to spend plenty of time with your pet.
To book your Transatlantic Crossing with Cunard, contact your Travel Counsellor today.