Our group of 8 accompanied by Frans of World Leisure Holidays (WLH) departed to Mauritius on 21 July 2012 for 6 days - what a stunning educational with world class hotels and resorts on this island!
We stayed and visited the following hotels: * La Pirogue Hotel - (overnight) Located on the West Coast of Mauritius, running along one of the island’s finest beaches. La Pirogue is set in the midst of a vast, luxuriant tropical garden. Close to Flic-en-Flac, the architecture has been inspired by the sea and a fishing village atmosphere, from fishing boats, from where the hotel takes its name, to the main building inspired by white sails floating in the wind and to the chalets built in local style with volcanic rock and decked with wood and thatch.
* Sugar Beach Hotel - (overnight) Sugar Beach is on the leeward West Coast of Mauritius The buildings comprise of the central reception, the Manor House and 16 villas - ten with 12 rooms each and six with 10 rooms each. Guests have access to the facilities at La Pirogue (within walking distance).
* Veranda Pointe aux Biches - (inspection) It has: - A Barefoot concept - 115 Rooms including 44 ‘Family’ rooms with separate children’s room, 30 ‘Privilege’ rooms located in a more intimate wing for couples - 2 Restaurants and 2 bars opening onto the lagoon - 3 Swimming pools including 1 kid’s pool - 1 Seven Colours Wellness Lounge located on the beach - 1 ‘Timomo & Friends’ kids club - It's ideally located a few miles from the bustling village of Grand Baie (free shuttle service available)
* Veranda Grand Baie – (inspection) - 94 Refined rooms inspired by the Creole art of living - 2 Restaurants & 1 bar overlooking the beautiful bay of Grand Bay - 1 ‘Timomo & Friends’ kids club - 1 Seven Colours Wellness Spa with vichy shower, and hammam - 1 Floodlit tennis court - 1 Conference room - Entirely refurbished in 2010 - Situated in the heart of the seaside resort of the island
* Veranda Paul & Virginie – (inspection) - 81 Rooms all facing the Indian Ocean - Located in the charming fishing village of Grand Gaube - 2 Restaurants and 2 bars with magnificent views over the lagoon - 2 Swimming pools - Love nests, double sun beds and hammocks - Intimate wedding gazebo overlooking the lagoon - 1 Seven Colours Wellness Spa - 1 Floodlit tennis court - 1 Conference room - HACCP certified
*One&Only Le Saint Géran - (overnight) One&Only Le Saint Géran was the first international, resort-style, 5-Star Hotel in Mauritius and it opened in 1975. Incomparable and distinguished, One&Only Le Saint Géran is nestled peacefully in the silver white sands of its own private peninsula. Extensively remodelled in 1999, the resort’s friendly calm and easy luxury is complemented by service that is attentive, yet unobtrusive. Spacious suites with a terrace or balcony face out privately to the Indian Ocean.
* Veranda Palmar - (inspection) - 76 Rooms decorated in a warm and natural style - 2 Restaurants - one on the beach and 2 bars - 1 Seven Colours Wellness Lounge with a sauna - 1 ‘Timomo & Friends’ kids club - A wide range of water-sports - All-inclusive formula - A magnificent white sandy beach with an amazing view of the sun rising
* Long Beach - (overnight) The focus of this resort’s layout and its life is the urban-style piazza with restaurants, shops and bars. Architecture brings tropical interpretations to contemporary urban themes, softened by natural forms, local detailing and materials. Buildings integrate with the resorts extensive lush tropical gardens. A unique architectural feature is the adjustable “wind breaks” that modulate the offshore breezes.
* Le Touessrok Hotel - (overnight) World-renowned luxury five Star resort in Mauritius, Le Touessrok is one of the world’s great romantic resorts and is one of the “Leading hotels of the World”.
This majestic resort lies on a beautiful stretch of sandy coast, with magnificent views of the tranquil Trou d’Eau Douce Bay. Out in the lagoon are two beautiful islands; Ilot Mangénie and Ile aux Cerfs, home to the resort’s 18-hole championship golf course, it is one of the best in Mauritius!
It has 5 restaurants, a renowned Givenchy Spa and offers a personal butler service.
A highlight of the trip was a Catamaran cruise with barbecue lunch to L'ile aux Cerfs.
Please contact me for information on Mauritius!