Departure Date: 08/01/2020
Mozambique is an exclusive and unspoilt destination, with some of the world's most beautiful beaches which extends for long distances against the azure blue seas. Mozambique is the place to be for diving and for whale, shark and nature spottting.
Diamonds Mequfi is a 5 star luxury beach resort situated on the Southern Peninsular of Pemba, close to the Quirimbas National Park. It is affiliated with the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Here you will find the perfect balance of privacy and relaxation along with participating in excursions to discover the gems in the area as well as to participate in the watersports like kitesurfing for those looking for some adventure. The resort is about an hour from Pemba Airport.
Mozambique is an unspoilt region, with long stretches of sandy white sand and a deep blue Indian Ocean. Staff offer guests great attention to detail they will not be found wanting.
At the centre of the resort there is a saltwater pool with sun beds and a bar close by.
The Mequfi is well known for its cuisine and boasts 3 restaruants. The dishes on offer will satisy the most discerning palates.
If you would like to find out what type of food you can expect, the food will have a Portuguese culinary flavour.
For starters you can expect dishes like these
* Acorda alentejana – (Bread soup made with fish stock, olive oil, coriander, garlic and boiled eggs.)
* Acorda de Bacalhau – (Bread soup made with fish stock, cod, olive oil, coriander and fried eggs.)
* Ameijoas a bulhao pato – (Clams with garlic and coriander.)
* Arroz acafrao – (Saffron rice with fish and chicken. This is very similar to Valencian paella.)
* Arroz de manteiga – (Rice with butter and onions.)
* Caldo verde – (Cabbage soup served with pao de broa bread and a slice of chorizo.)
* Creme pastor – (Chicken stock with vegetables, pancetta, eggs and cream.)
* Gaspacho a alentejana – (Cold vegetable south with cumin sausage and bread.)
* Sopa alentejana – (Soup with fried cod, coriander, water, egg and bread.)
Typical main course include
* Almondegas – (Pork and veal meatballs.)
* Atum com arroz – (Rice patty with tuna, lettuce, tomatoes and olives.)
* Bacalhau a moda do Porto – (Cod prepared in a traditional Porto style.)
* Bachalhau a moda de Minho – (Cod wrapped in cabbage leaves and baked. Served with fried onions and boiled potatoes but without the cabbage leaves.)
* Bachalhau com batatas – (Cod with a white sauce and boiled potatoes.)
* Bachalhau frito – (Battered and fried cod.)
* Bachalhoada – (Cod stew with olives, tomatoes, cabbage, parsley, onion, garlic and poached eggs.)
* Bife de figado ao molho Madeira – (Slices of fried liver with tomato sauce, flour and Maderia wine.)
* Bife Maputo (Mozambique) – (Steak with mango.)
* Conchas de camarao – (Prawns in a Bechamel sauce topped with breadcrumbs and cheese. These are cooked in scallop shells.)
Some Typical desserts include:
* Arroz doce – (Rice and egg pudding sprinkled with cinnamon. This is served cold.)
* Leite crem – (Dessert made with milk, vanilla and sugar dusted with cinnamon.)
Be sure to try one of the local beers, the most famous brands are Sagres and Superbock!
Diamonds Mequfi is a 5 star luxury beach resort situated on the Southern Peninsular of Pemba, close to the Quirimbas National Park. The resort is about an hour from Pemba Airport.
Return flights with from Johannesburg to Pemba, approx. airport taxes, return airport to hotel transfers, a 4 night stay at the 5 Star Diamonds Mequfi Beach Resort on an all-inclusive basis which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner served at Assinatura Restaurant daily, selected local drinks (soft drinks, beers, house wines and spirits) at the Bela Baia Bar from 10h00 to 24h00. Snacks served throughout the day at the Bela Baia Pool Bar. Added Value: 1 Child under 12 stays & eats FREE when sharing with 2 adults (pay flights, taxes & transfers). Daily activities incl. beach soccer, beach volley, water gym, yoga and stretching group lessons, 30 minutes wind kart lesson or similar subject to availability, In room Mini Bar service (water, soft drinks and local beer) and In room Wi-Fi.
4 Nights Special from R17,802 pps
These offers are brought to you by Travel Counsellors (Pty) Ltd. Valid: 08 Jan 2020 - 22 Dec 2020. Offers are per person sharing. 1 Child under 12 stays & eats FREE when sharing with 2 adults (pay flights, taxes & transfers). Rates for other periods are available on request. Packages and airfares are subject to availability, airfare increases, seasonal surcharge; high season supplements and currency fluctuations. Supplier's terms and conditions are available on request. Offers include airport taxes where applicable. Packages exclude items of personal nature, travel insurance. Additional information available on request. Valid for SA residents only. Terms and conditions apply. Prices and information correct at time of publishing. E&OE.